When Not Driving Is Not An Option, Call Us

Understand The Different Special Certificates Adding Particular Driving Privileges

Certificates and endorsements are subtly different, though they both add driving privileges to a Class A, Class B or Class C driver’s license. Certificates are entirely different pieces of paper, while endorsements are applied over a license. Both usually require additional testing and certification.

Each certificate has conditions for its issuance as well as for its removal. Conviction of certain crimes will trigger the revocation of certificates. Certificates are required to drive an ambulance, school bus, paratransit vehicle and farm vehicle among others. Because driving certain vehicles involves the transport of many people, the relevant certificate as well as the passenger transport endorsement will be required.

There are currently 10 special certificates issued by DMV:

  • The ambulance driver certificate
  • The farm labor vehicle certificate
  • The general public paratransit vehicle certificate
  • The radioactive materials certificate
  • The SPAB certificate
  • The school bus certificate
  • The special driver certificate
  • The tow truck certificate
  • The youth bus certificate

Can’t find what you’re looking for? The driving privileges you’re seeking may not be granted by a special certificate but by an endorsement instead.

If You Face Problems Or Have Questions

Bring your questions and basic facts about DMV challenges you face to Beat DMV, a division of the Law Office of Rodney Gould in Sherman Oaks. Call 818-570-6989 or email us to schedule a consultation.